It’s Friday!!! TGIF, right? This week felt like it was dragging on because I’ve got some fun things happening this weekend including checking out Open Streets in Downtown Pittsburgh on Sunday. There is supposed to be outdoor yoga in Market Square, along with spinning, dodgeball, rock climbing, biking, and more! See you there?
This week’s Friday Five linkup (an awesome weekly event hosted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC, Mar @ Mar On The Run, and Cynthia @ You Signed Up For What!) is themed: Five Friday Favorites. Have a great weekend, everyone!
1. Stay classy, Chen. My first favorite thing right now is Big Brother! I am obsessed with this show and I absolutely cannot get enough of it – and Fridays mean I’m still riding the happiness wave of BB Thursday nights. Which works out because it’s on 3 times a week and there are 24/7 live feeds. I think I would be an incredible player, but I would never audition. I prefer to spend my time out of the spotlight whenever I can! Let me tell you that this season is 109358092385 x infinity better than last season. It helps that my brother has recently discovered the show so we are able to text about it constantly. My favorite player right now is Derrick, who is playing a very smart, strategic game. I would love to see the undercover cop take the whole thing! Plus that voice/accent is sexilicious.
2. My favorite food habit lately is GREENS. All of the greens. On Fridays, I’m planning out what to grab at the weekend farmer’s markets and I have been burning through greens faster than I ever thought possible! I’ve been alternating spinach, arugula, carrot greens, kale, and chard between my smoothies. I just read that you can even use cabbage in your smoothie! The chard freaked me out enough this morning that I think that’s enough adventure for this week. Of course I will always have a deep, unhealthy addiction to homemade kale chips. I just cannot get enough of their salty crunchy goodness. I think I ate a salad every day for lunch this week and I want more more more!!!!
3. My favorite state of mind for Friday and of lately is happiness. I am not a naturally positive person, but I’ve learned that practicing positivity improves my attitude. I am learning to forgive quickly and look for the good in every situation. In moments when I’m feeling frustrated, sad, or angry I force myself to take a deep breath and be thankful for the frustration, sadness, or anger. It is a blessing to be alive and to have the opportunity to go through such trying times. My life isn’t that bad and I’m not that ungrateful of a person to take any of this for granted. Besides, life is too short to be miserable all the time! Negative emotions can be healthy, but I now place a time limit on them. Think NBA shot clock-length time limit. Seriously, it’s not worth my energy.
4. Fridays mean a touch up on the fingers and toes so I can be presentable for weekend festivities! My favorite nail polish of
the week ok, probably the whole summer is Play Date by Essie. It reminds me of the Pantone 2014 Color of the Year “Radiant Orchid,” which I adore but would never actually paint my walls. Bonus points for making even the pastiest of us look somewhat tan. Happiness in a bottle! But without all the guilt of tequila.
5. My favorite thing I’m looking forward to this weekend is experimenting with some homemade popsicles! I feel like a little kid on Christmas with these, but I’ve been accumulating recipes on a Pinterest board devoted to popsicles/smoothies for months now and no molds. I love the idea of using organic, local, fresh ingredients and making a healthy summertime treat. I can’t wait to share some of the keepers with you guys!
If you’re into smoothies, check back next week because I’ve got a sweet giveaway coming up!
I hope you enjoyed this Friday Five linkup, please check out any of the host blogs for the full link-up directory!!