I just read through my Bloglovin feed for the first time since July – if reading amazing words written by intelligent, fierce, creative, dynamic women doesn’t make you want to write then I don’t know what will. I haven’t written anything in awhile because I’ve honestly been in a funk for the last few weeks. Then, there was this media blitz on Robin Williams’ tragic suicide and that was a huge trigger for me. I felt myself sliding even further back into the darkness.
I refuse to go willingly. I just fucking refuse. This post is going to be rambling and aimless and shitty, but I don’t care. I have to write something just to feel like I am still in control of my life because I am in control goddammit. Oh, and there might be more profanity.
August so far:
1. Our little Transit got SMACKED by a drunk driver while it was parked in front of our house. We are still waiting to hear if it’s totaled, but I’m pretty sure at least 1 or both of the axles are broken. While it may look like a simple side-swipe, I assure you that there was full impact, which caused the Transit to jump into the air. If you want to see video of the crash, you can watch here on my Instagram. And follow me while you’re at it! @MichelleSFTS
2. My brother came to visit me for the day and we had so much fun!!
We rode our bikes down to the point and explored downtown a little bit. By the time we got back to my house, we were both incredibly sore so we decided to dumpster dive for coupons and then clip them. That’s what incredibly cool people do, you know. Afterwards, we went to Kennywood (my 1st time this summer!) where he rode almost every ride for the first time. It was a pretty big day for him and I must say I was impressed with his bravery! The only thing we didn’t ride was the Black Widow.
3. I’ve come to the conclusion that Liberty is the absolutely strangest, most unique dog I’ve ever known. She is a very weird girl and I love her for her quirks. For example, as I glanced out the window this morning I noticed this:
Guess she just needed some privacy? I can’t.
4. Last weekend, Christina and I decided to fill our growlers up at our new favorite brew spot – The Brew Gentlemen in Braddock.
And yes, they had White Sky (the chai-spiced wheat beer I am obsessed with). And yes, we are attending the Garden Party there on August 30th and you should too! We then spent the weekend drinking on our front porch while we chased away johns from the hooker’s apartment across the street. It was extremely entertaining and my friends now say I have graduated from Block Watch Captain to Cock Block Captain. Bea Arthur just wasn’t as into it as us, but she did enjoy loafing around in the sun. She couldn’t keep her eyes open because she is just a natural born cuddler.
5. My sister is coming to visit on Saturday and I couldn’t be more excited for girls day. We are going to spend the day getting pedicures, talking about make-up, shopping, and drinking coffee.