This recipe reminded me that I don’t use my slow cooker nearly enough. The ginger combined with the curry flavor and the sweet mango are absolute comfort food, but with a twist!
Mango & Ginger Curry Beef Roast (inspired by Just Making Noise)
- 2 lb. chuck roast
- 1 ripe mango, cubed + 1 ripe mango, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1-1/2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 T. sea salt, 1 t. fresh ground pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 T. grated ginger
- 2 potatoes, chopped (I used sweet potato, but I would recommend a sturdier potato for this recipe!)
- 2 T. curry paste of your choice
Combine all of the above ingredients in a Ziplock bag or a container with a lid. Make sure the beef is completely coated on both sides with the marinade and place somewhere cool for at least 12 hours. Place the beef in the bottom of your slow cooker. Place the chopped onions, ginger, and potatoes on top of the beef. Add the curry paste (I of course used Patak’s curry paste), some salt and some more pepper to the onion mixture, then combine just the vegetables on top. Cook on low for 6-7 hours, then add in the other cubed mango and place your slow cooker to the warm setting for 1 more hour.
I ate this dish by itself, but it would be FABULOUS with some coconut rice!