Well, folks. I warned you to follow me on Instagram – and you still should, duh! (@MichelleSFTS)
I guess when the universe decides you need to take a break, then you do what the universe wants. I’m feeling kinda like the Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire when he got shipped from West P to Cali to be honest. Good decision on both of our parts, the Fresh Prince and I. I’m not going to get into too many details because….well….it’s none of yo’ business really but my life is VERY different than it was back in October. More details may follow if I feel the need to share them, but the most relevant changes to this space include: I’ve moved to another part of the city and I’m back to working in an office.
For me, these changes have posed many new obstacles. I mean, who can make time for anything really – it’s not like Trivia Crack is going to play itself. But, I digress…First, it’s been incredibly difficult for me to stay on track with clean eating while working in my new office! Between all the wonderful treats they bring in for us at work and the holidays, I’m ashamed to admit that I think I’ve gained
10 15 lbs. If I don’t meal prep responsibly, I find myself eating Chipotle, Panera, or Chic-fil-a for lunch. NOT good. Second, I’m struggling to settle into a fitness routine. This one is sad because there really isn’t any reason why. I mean, yes I have a slight commute now but my hours allow for plenty of time for fitness. Laziness and the holiday chaos are really the only things I can attribute to my suddenly sedentary lifestyle.
But, you all know I love a challenge and I’m goal-oriented, so….
- I joined a gym near my house.
- I’m not only registered for the Pittsburgh Half Marathon in May, but I took it upon myself to register for ANOTHER half in September.
- I’m made a base-building plan for the month of January.
- I’m in the process of buying new running shoes (mine aren’t quite maxed out on the mileage and I’m still not sure which ones I want – open to suggestions though!)
- I have a few new gym buddies.
- I realistically meal plan and prep, usually creating around 3-4 healthy options for the week. By eating leftovers for lunch, I don’t leave myself room for temptation.
Honestly, the only true solution is motivation, hard work, and self control. We all know it. But having a good plan makes it a hell of a lot easier, amiright??
So, what can you expect from SOLE For The Soul in 2015?
You can absolutely expect more healthy recipes being shared, along with tons of complaining about running! Jk. About the complaining, kind of. Not really – I definitely will be complaining because half marathon training is probably way more difficult than I can even imagine right now! Eeek! I can’t wait!! You can also expect tons of my usual antics.
Game on, 2015.